Saturday, July 12, 2008

Running Fingers Through God's Hair: A Gentle Reminder

Kaladi Conversations:
In preperation for tomorrow night's small group bible study Jen and I conversed on who God is. While listening to her description I was reminded of the night God showed me his face.

_______________________________________________

Dark field, cool breeze, tired heart... People inside, me outside, God watching...

"Take off your shoes," his voice whispers...

My thin sandals slip off causing grass and skin to collide...

"You say I am not tangible. You say I am to far away, and that you must seek out comfort from a closer source."

A breeze blows rustling the grass of the field...

"Feel me. I am the grass beneath your feet. I made that and I am in it."

Flowers hang from a nearby tree...

"Hold me. I am the petals of a flower. I made that and I am in it."

Flower clutched tightly, to my knees I fall...

"I am tangible although my touch is not always recognized. I am close, call on me and I will answer. You are my child, and you need only come to me for comfort."

A tear falls, I run my hand through the grass... God's Hair
_______________________________________________

Jen talks to me further about who God is and where he is. He is the grass on the ground, the flower on a tree, the breeze through a field, the snow covered mountain peak, the sun setting in an array of colors. Jen talks of how often God is overlooked; how he shows himself to us so often, and so often we do not see him. I have seen him. How blessed I was to hear his voice that clear April night.

No comments: