Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Addictions

Everybody has them. Those little things in your life that somehow consume you. They seem harmless at first, and many times they in themselves are harmless, but as they work their way into your life you find it impossible to remove them. I have a few. Recently my roommates had an intervention for me. It involved the rendering of my facebook password. That is right. I am locked out. I know this is ridiculous, but it is driving me nuts. It is strange to open my computer and not open it. I know it's what is best for me, but that doesn't make it easy. Unfortunately facebook is not my only addiction. What I failed to mention is that it was a double intervention. Facebook is not the only addiction venomous to my system. My heart has others. I know what is best for me, but achieving it is easier said then done. There is a simple cure to matters of the book, but, when it comes to matters of the heart, addiction is a far more difficult opponent. 
Facebookers have passwords.
Chainsmokers have patches.
Alcoholics have rehab.
Hurt Hearts have....
Photobucket

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hurt hearts have ciggarettes.

The life of Kaitlin said...

hurt hearts have friends, ice cream anf God...and time..

Tyron Bache said...

i wish i was addicted to the good things i do, that i did them often if not daily.

hurt hearts still pump blood, life, around our bodies, they're still worth so much, and when they feel shattered i believe that's when God reaches into our chests and holds us together.